Yesterday I got an urge to make some homemade baby food because I was sick of this boring old rice cereal. It smells like puke and I can imagine that it tastes that way too, so I ran to Barnes and Noble and bought a baby food cookbook! I had to search through several books before I found one that I liked and this one just seemed like the one.
The recipes are so easy to make because they only use ingredients that you probably have around the house already. This morning I was able to whip up some homemade oatmeal cereal and this evening I made my own applesauce. Maida hated the oatmeal and loved the apples! It was so fun to see her faces when giving her the new tastes! I will now introduce a new food every week. Next week we're gonna start on the veggies and when she gets some teeth we'll start on some cheerios! I bet we'll have some great pictures when she starts eating colored food. Even though she's a big girl now, eating grown up food and everything, I still don't think she'll have any candy tomorrow for Halloween! Looks like I'll just have to eat twice as much, one for me and one for Maida, one for me and one for Maida....... this is gonna be a great Halloween!!!

1 comments:
That sounds like a good book! I hope to do that someday! I think making your own baby food seems really cool and economical!
Post a Comment