Saturday, October 27, 2007

Teething Sucks

"Adam and Eve had many advantages, but the principal one was that they escaped teething."
-- Mark Twain



GET THESE TEETH OUT!!! I'm going crazy here with this fussy, snotty, poopy, sleep-less baby! I have a feeling that she's teething and for the first time in her life, she's cried non-stop for two days. I am feeling so worn out. Last night Erik and I tried to have a date night and Maida slept through the movie, but when we wanted to talk and hang out afterwards, she started crying again. We did get 11 hours of sleep last night, but Maida just kept waking up and wanting me to hold her until she fell back to sleep. I kept falling asleep in her room, so I decided at around 3am to bring her into our room and let her sleep in the pop&play so that if I fell asleep holding her, at least I was in my bed!



I've gotten a ton of advice on teething and so many different tips to help this time be a little more comfortable for Maida, but nothing seems to work. She just cries and says, "Noma," which is what she calls me. It doesn't help that she's normally hyperactive cause a hyperactive crying baby is totally out of control. Her favorite thing to do when she's mad/sad/or teething (I have learned) is arch her back and throw her head backwards while screaming at the top of her lungs.

HELP!!!!

1 comments:

Hannah said...

Hi Kara-
Teething is super hard. Abby was really difficult. Emily has been a little fussier but not horrible. I find that letting them chew on a wet washcloth that I got wet and put in the freezer for a little bit works great. It is just a really hard, no sleeping time.