Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Yeast Infection

Yay for my cousin Melody for having her baby! I got a call last night about midnight from my cousin Myra telling me that she had her baby. I'm so excited for them. Thanks for all of the prayers over the last year for Gavan and Melody, for their miscarriage and then for their second pregnancy. God is good!

Today I had to take Maida to the doctor. She had a super bad diaper rash that just wouldn't go away and she was getting so uncomfortable. So I finally brought her in. I was so scared that the doctor was just going to say, "It's just a diaper rash, go home and chill." And I just knew that she would be thinking, "Must be a first time parent!" Well, come to find out, Maida has a yeast infection, which is pretty common in babies. She gave us some cream to treat it and some advice for keeping Maida from getting it again. She told me to have Maida stop sleeping in a diaper. She said that this would really work, however it would mean a lot of laundry for me! So, Erik and I are going to try that and the cream and see if we can get this girl more comfortable. Maida also weighed 21 pounds... holy moly, no wonder I have back problems!

1 comments:

Hannah said...

Wow she is a big girl. Emily weighed 21 lbs at her 7+mo. visit. Abby has had a yeast infection before too. The cream they give you works good. No way would I have her sleep without a diaper. Emily and Abby both pee and fill up whole diapers at night. That would be fun-- not too mention cold for them to feel the pee on them. Let me know how it goes.