Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Our Little Dare-Devil

I still can't seem to get the videos uploaded, which makes me really sad. So I will just post some more pictures and tell you all about Maida's new favorite things....


Maida is now into climbing on everything. She loves to climb into her chair and stand up. She's such a little dare-devil!




She disovered Mommie's bra yesterday and knew excactly what to do with it, only she couldn't get it on straight. But that didn't seem to bother her. She just wore it around the house, thinking that she was the coolest chick in town! Tonight she found Daddy's tie and wrapped that around her neck. I have a feeling that she's gonna be one of those kids that loves to play dress-up!

Maida also likes to tell Mommie, "no," only when she says it, it sounds like, "Nine". She knows what a duck is and can say, "Duck". She has switched totally over to the bottle now (today was the first day that we made it all day!!!), but I decided to continue pumping and giving her breast milk instead of formula. I just feel like since I am able to do it, why not? My goal will be to make it to 12 months of breast feeding (or "bottle feeding" breast milk). Maida also decided to cut out a feeding right before bed. She does NOT want to eat before she goes to sleep anymore, which is perfect for Mommie cause then Daddy can put her to sleep!

While I was getting dinner ready tonight, I put Maida in her highchair to keep her out of my way and gave her some snacks to eat. Well, I was in the kitchen working and I would peek around the corner every once-in-a-while to see if she was okay, and I found her sleeping! It was so cute. She was just sitting there with her head hanging down. I'm not sure why she fell asleep! She slept for 11 hours straight last night!!! She shouldn't have been tired. I think she takes after her dad. He can sleep no matter where he is.

Tonight our ballroom dancing lessons were canceled because it was almost -50 degrees here!!! Tomorrow night Maida is supposed to have her second night of swimming lessons! I will be taking her by myself. I hope it goes okay!

4 comments:

Melody said...

I like your new header. I want to make one but don't know how to. How'd you do it?

Hannah said...

Wow-- She seems so much older than she is. I can't believe all the things she can do. I can't believe she gave up breastfeeding either. My kids love nursing. It was a chore to ween Abby at 17 mo. I want to do it till a year and a half again this time too. I love it. It will be so sad when I don't have babies anymore. I don't want them to grow Kara--

Kara Scharrer said...

Hannah, I am so sad to give up breast feeding! It was one of my favorite things about being a mom. I treasured that time with Maida so much. I have an infection in my nipple and I just can't possibly go on. Every time I fed Maida, it would bleed and she would have to drink blood. I can still pump, that doesn't hurt as bad. So, I'm gonna continue giving her breast milk in her bottles. I didn't think she was gonna give up the boob... for the past month I have been offering her a bottle when she's happy and not making her drink it, just getting her used to it. I made it seem really fun and positively reinforcing for her. Yesterday she just decided that she wanted a bottle for lunch and ever since then (except in the middle of the night last night) has been having a bottle, doesn't even ask to nurse anymore. I guess you could say it was an easy transition for her, but not for mommie, I'm still so sad about it, but know it's for the best. At least she's still getting the milk. :o)

Anonymous said...

did you realize you have a german speaker on your hands?! "nein" (pronounced "nine") means "no" in german! she is saying it right, just in a different language...how cute!