Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Baby Turned Monster


Awe, doesn't she look so sweet and innocent?


YEAH RIGHT! What have I done?! I have created a MONSTER!! Maida is going through the "terrible two's" already and she's not even one yet! She can not and will not take "no" for an answer. It's her way or the highway.

Here's a video of Maida touching my computer, which she knows she's not really allowed to do. Look at her sly little smile she makes when she's doing something she know she shouldn't!
Here's another video of Maida touching my computer. She's allowed to push the buttons nice, but she's not allowed to touch the screen. When I tell her that she can't touch the screen, she falls to the floor and throws a fit, then returns and does exactly what I tell her not to... then throws a fit... it's a vicious cycle! (I'm thinking I'm gonna have to pull out some behavioral therapy, what do you say, Kristin?!)
On a different note, Maida is still sick. Her cough is getting a little better, but she started throwing up. Poor little girl! It's probably from all the snot she's been drinking. She hates having her nose wiped, so I taught her how to wipe it herself. She does a pretty good job (when she wants to), and whenever she wipes her own nose, she has to wipe mine too (she's so thoughtful... maybe she isn't such a monster after all!). Here's a picture of snotty nose and her FOUR teeth!

Here's a video I took of snotty nose Maida... you can see why I needed to teach her how to wipe herself! YUCK! I'm glad I can't remember back to when I didn't know how to blow it out or suck it in... little kids just let it hang there! I can't stand that!

Here are some pretty cute pictures from the past couple days too!


Maida loving Avery, they're best friends.
Maida and daddy taking a nap, Maida loves her daddy.
Maida and her new duck
We went shopping today and Maida asked me for something in the store for the first time! She was riding in the cart and we were walking around Target and all of a sudden, she goes, "Duck, duck!" and I thought "yeah right" and turned and sure enough, there was a duck. So I bought it for her. She loves it! She got so worn out shopping with her duck (she held it the WHOLE entire time we were out) that she fell asleep on the way home, so I just laid her in her crib for her afternoon nap, hat, coat and all. After fighting with her in the store, I wasn't about to start another battle today. I should mention that we "fought" in the store because she thought that she was too old to ride in the cart anymore. She wanted to walk and push the cart, so I let her, but when she decided to stop and play with everything that caught her eye, I had to put my foot down at playing with some glass candle holders (especially after she almost knocked the whole rack of them down!). She was upset that I said "no" and it took about ten minutes just to settle her down and peel her away from the stupid candle holder rack. She did that jello-body thing that I see two-year-olds do, where if you try and pick them up, they just turn to jello and slip right out of your hands. They actually feel about 20 pounds heavier than they really are and it's harder than heck to move them anywhere! It was so embarrassing. One lady actually said, "How old is she?" and I said, "Nine months." and the lady went, "Ohhhhhhh." Then just kept walking. What was THAT supposed to mean?!

Well, maybe these tantrums have something to do with her being sick. Maybe drinking too much snot just makes her a little more irritable (either that or she's PMSing really early!)... I guess we shall see...

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Poor Maida- She does look pretty miserable. I hate sickness. There is so much of it going around right now too. I can't believe she is only 9 mo. She acts so much older-- I can foresee a lot of spankings in that little ones future :-) Abby was tough too but we really did spank it out of her. She is a really good girl now. I really appreciate her.

Anonymous said...

Even when she is having a little fit, she is still the cutest thing ever. Do you ever get mad at her since she is so cute? I find it hard to get frustrated with Ethan because I'm so in love with him!