
As I have already said, it was so great to have my mom here. In fact, for my birthday this year, I'm asking for my mom to come visit at least one week a month for a whole year. She helps so much while she's here and we really appreciate it. We also have a ton of fun!
While mom was here this time, we got a ton of laundry done, mom made some good home-cooked meals for us (which Erik thoroughly enjoyed), she made up some baby food for Maida and we froze it in ice cube trays so that it will last me a while, she sewed up Maida's favorite giraffe, we went to tea at my neighbor's house, she came to the medical school with me when I spoke to the first year class about my pregnancy and birth, she went to swimming lessons with Maida, we went shopping and she bought us some pictures frames, a rug for the bathroom, and Maida's Easter basket, she also joined us at church and our small group to follow (and made the dessert for small group!). Erik and I just wonder how we got so lucky with "Momma Kinks," she truly is a blessing!
Maida also loves "Amma" so much. When she came to watch Maida in swimming lessons, Maida recognized her sitting up on the bleachers with all the other parents. She pointed up at my mom and smiled and kicked and said, "Amma," and then tried to swim away to go get Amma. I was amazed that she was able to recognize her from that distance, with so many others sitting on the bleachers too. It was very cute!
My mom babysat for us this weekend too, so that we could go on our Valentines date! Erik surprised me by taking me to the Glensheen Mansion, a big tourist attraction here in Duluth. We had a tour, did some wine and beer tasting, then had a really fancy dinner. It was so much fun to be out on a fancy date and know that Maida was home having fun with grandma, so we didn't have to worry! Here's a picture of us before we went out on our date...
And here's Maida clapping her hands on Amma's lap cause she was so happy Amma was here to visit...
Amma and Maida, of course, spent many hours playing too. Amma taught Maida how to climb in and out of her baby cradle. She now goes in and out, in and out, in and out. It's her favorite thing to do. Here's a picture of Maida in her cradle, holding up #1 for the camera...
Speaking of climbing, not only does Maida now climb in things, but she has also learned how to climb up things. Our little monkey has decided that she's too good for the baby gate...

Here are some random pictures of Maida over the past couple days that I thought were cute...

(Notice the rash in the last picture... this was because I used one of the old diapers. In just one hour, or so, of wearing the diaper, THIS is what happens!)
THANK YOU MOM for coming. Please come back again soon!!!
(I can't get spell check to work again. Sorry for the mistakes!)
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
We Miss Amma
Posted by
Kara Scharrer
at
1:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow Kara-- Your mom sounds great. I wish I had someone who came and did that. My mom is helpful when she comes but not like that. She doesn't like to cook or do other peoples laundry. She watches the kids for me. It is just nice to have someone else in the house. She doesn't come very often though. The longest I have had her is after each baby she comes for a week. You look so great Kara--So skinny-- I am jealous
Yeah, she's great! And even if we don't get laundry done while she's here, I agree with you, it's still nice just to have someone else in the house! My mom is retired, so that's why she has more time to come and see us. Thanks for the compliment I actually weigh 20 pounds less than when I got pregnant with Maida. None of my clothes are fitting, but it's because I lost all my muscle. I'm gonna start working out tonight. Erik's getting me a gym membership!
Post a Comment