Friday, June 15, 2007

Maida's First Play Date / 6 Week Check Up

Last week Maida and I took a little trip to Montrose, MN where my friend Hannah (from high school!) lives. Hannah cuts my hair, so I usually go see her every couple of months. This was my first time to go with Maida. Hannah has two girls, Abby, two years, and Emily, who is a few weeks older than Maida. It was fun to get the girls together. This was Maida's first play date and her first time seeing a baby around the same age as her. It was hard to keep them all awake and happy at the same time! But I snapped a few pictures of them on the floor. They were so cute! While I was there, Hannah highlighted and cut my hair too! Now I have a new "do" for the summer! I think Maida enjoyed seeing the girls, even though she really didn't express much emotion or even acknowledge that there were other kids around. She was a great traveler in the car with me there and back and was a great baby while we were there too.



Today I had my six week post partum check up with Deb, our midwife. Everything went fine. She said that I'm healing well! We discussed my birth, and as you probably know, I had some issues with her. I prayed really hard before I went in that I would act like Jesus in the appointment, and surprisingly everything went well. I think that she was very concerned that I was upset with her and the care she gave me (which I was) and so she tried sucking up terribly (which didn't work!). I just smiled and tried to make the best of the appointment, not wanting to be there longer than I had to. It felt good to know this was my last time seeing her. Now that everything looks good, I'm really looking forward to exercising now! I only have five pounds to drop before I'm back to pre-pregnancy weight!! Woohoo!

0 comments: