Ever since Maida was born, I have thought that her hair looked red. As she's gotten older, it just seems like it is getting a little more red and a little more red. Erik and I were puzzled at this because neither one of us knew anyone in either of our families with red hair. Well, I went over to my Uncle Merlyn and Aunt Pat's house last weekend and when they saw her red hair, they informed me that my Grandma Sadie had red hair! I never knew that because as long as I knew her, it was white! They also told me that her dad had red hair. So now knowing that, we have finally admitted to ourselves that Maida's hair is indeed red! I think it's so cute and just to make it a little more fun, I looked up some fun red hair facts and thought I'd share them...
- Less than 4% of the world population has naturally red hair. That is less than 2% in America.
- Red hair is a genetic mutation.
- Red headedness is, genetically speaking, a recessive trait. It may appear after several generations of darker hair.
- The first human redheads walked this earth about 50,000 years ago in Africa and then spread throughout Northern Europe.
- Bees are thought to sting redheads more than others.
(http://www.purgatory.net/kornelia/1603/red_hair_facts.htm)
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Red Haired Girl
Posted by
Kara Scharrer
at
6:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment