Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Maida is two months old!!


Well, today is the day! Maida is officially two months old. I can't believe it! It seems like she was JUST born, but at the same time it seems like she's ALWAYS been a part of me. It's the weirdest feeling to have. Erik stayed with Maida last night when I went to the store and every time I put something in the cart, I looked down to see Madia sitting in her car seat watching me, and every time I looked, I was so surprised to not see her there. It's hard for me to imagine life without her now. My mom and I have pretty much always been good friends and so now that I have my own daughter, I feel like I'm raising my new best friend!

People always ask me if I get bored with Maida staying home with her all day long and every time someone asks me that, I wonder if they are joking! Staying home with a baby could never get boring! Maida does something new every day and the smiles she gives me all the time are just priceless. I feel really bad for those moms who have to go back to work after six weeks. Know what else I find really funny? When people say to me, "Here, let me hold her for you, you've been holding her all day." HA! I WANT to hold her all day!!! I love holding her. It never gets old and I never need a break from holding her!...But changing diapers and getting up with her in the middle of the night is a different story!!

Tomorrow Grandma and Grandpa Scharrer come to spend the Fourth of July with us. We are very excited! I'm looking forward to seeing what they think of all the changes in Maida. She definitely changes all the time. She's just too cute! Now that we've hit two months we're working on some new things... sleeping in her crib for nap time instead of in the swing or on the couch and not using the pacifier as a "plug". (All new parents probably say this, but we don't want to just shove the pacifier in her mouth every time she cries. Sometimes babies have to cry! The good thing about Maida, I guess, is that she'll spit her pacifier out or gag on it if she doesn't want it.) So anyway, HAPPY TWO-MONTH BIRTHDAY TO MAIDA!

0 comments: