The Fourth of July has always been my favorite holiday. I've always loved the home-made ice cream, the family time, all the fresh fruit, the sun, and most of all the fireworks! I was excited this year to spend it with Maida for the first time.
Me and Maida
Maida and I started our Fourth of July by sleeping in late! I knew we'd be up late, so I figured that if we slept in late, we wouldn't lose out on too much sleep. Around 2:30 Erik got home from work and he went to the airport to pick up his mom from Oklahoma. We then all went to the church picnic together, which was a ton of fun. Maida sat in her front pack while we grilled some steaks on the grill and chowed down on all the fruit and goodies that they had. We ate, had a devotional, and then we left to go to the fireworks in Minneapolis. Erik's dad flew in right before and so we all went down town to the Riverwalk with our friends Pam, Elizabeth, and Norosha to see the fireworks show.
The Church Party
Maida sat on Daddy's lap during the fireworks. She jumped and cried a little at the first BOOM, but was happy after Daddy held her close. She ate a little bit and snuggled with her dad and seemed to really enjoy herself. We tried to get her to see the fireworks, but I'm not really sure how much of them she could actually see. They were great, though! We got home around 11:30 and enjoyed a bowl of ice cream and blueberries before heading to bed. It was the perfect ending to a wonderful July Fourth.
Maida and Daddy before the fireworks
Maida on Daddy's lap watching the fireworks

1 comments:
Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).
Post a Comment