Yesterday we had Maida's four month doctor appointment. We met our new primary care physician, recommended to us by one of Erik's medical school professors. She was very nice and I really liked her a lot. Hopefully we'll have a good experience with her while we're here in Duluth (I'm a little hesitant after last year's experience!). Maida got weighed and measured and, of course, she is off the charts! She weighs 18 1/2 pounds and is 27 3/4 inches long. Her exam went well and Dr. Whitworth says that she's a healthy baby! Dr. Whitworth could not believe everything that Maida is doing already. She says that she's really advanced for her age and suggested that I get Maida involved in something like ECFE because for as advanced as she is with both fine motor and gross motor skills, she would really strive in that kind of social interaction environment. I'll have to see what I can find here in Duluth, I'm sure that they have something that would be fun for Maida and for me to meet other parents. Maida got four immunizations and we go back at six months for another well-baby check up.
Grandma and Grandpa Kinkel came on Tuesday night to stay a few days with Maida. They left this morning and our time with them was fun. Maida really enjoyed having them here and that was apparent when she never wanted to go to sleep because she was afraid of missing out on something! She smiled the entire time they were here and will be sad when she realizes that they're gone. Tonight we're bringing Maida to her first wine and cheese party! We'll see how she does.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Four Month Doctor Appointment
Posted by
Kara Scharrer
at
3:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment