Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Four Month Old "Stages"


Well, I spoke too soon! The day Maida turned four months old, she started to realize when I am, and when I am not, in the room. She doesn't let me out of her sight for very long. She'll let someone else hold her, sometimes, and she'll let you know when she wants me back with her blood curdling screams. It's just crazy! I can't believe how fast she has changed. I remember babysitting for babies like this when I was younger and it was always so frustrating when the mom would leave and the baby would cry the entire time! But now as a mom having a baby like this, it's frustrating, yeah, but at the same time it just makes my heart melt to know that someone loves me this much and wants to be with me this badly! As much as it feels good, though, I'm hoping this is just a stage and she's over it soon. I can see how it could get old pretty fast.
I should also mention something about Maida's new favorite sleeping position. She likes to pull the covers over her head! It's so cute to watch her do. She rubs her blanket and then pulls it over her face and then back down and then back up again and then back down. Finally she falls asleep with it over her face. I'm hesitant to let her sleep with it over her head all night, so I usually go in there and pull it down and then tuck it under her arms pits. She doesn't seem to mind after she's already asleep.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

good job on your tummy, maida! and I totally understand about the attachment thing--caitlin's been having a rough time falling asleep on her own the past couple days. she'll eventually doze off if I'm beside her and just let her be (just as long as I'm THERE), but I've currently lost all control over "putting her down" in her crib when I decide it's time for a nap-! arrrrg!