Friday, September 7, 2007

Learning Independence

Wow, what a week we've had! Along with Erik starting his second week of school, has come so much homework for him and a lot of cooking and cleaning for me! I'm handling the house pretty well all by myself. Yesterday I made Maida's four month doctor appointment all by myself! Erik usually takes care of all of that kind of stuff. I even called the insurance company all by myself! Without Erik around, I'm becoming a more independent woman! Just like with making the appointment, I've have had to independently do many other things lately. One of which being laundry! Our washer and dryer are located down in the basement, so I have to carry the clothes, plus Maida down two flights of stairs. In order to do this in the most time efficient way, I worked out a system. Take a look...
With me being the new independent mother that I am, Maida has also had to adjust and figure out new ways of entertaining herself while I'm off being independent. One of her new favorite past times is sucking on her toes!
Before medical school got too rigorous, we had one last cookout at our house with our new housemates last weekend. Here are some pictures!



1 comments:

Hannah said...

Hi Kara-
I did that same thing with Abby. Our laundry is down two flights so she always rode in the laundry basket. She loved it. She wants me to still carry her but she is way too heavy to do that. Looks like you guys are enjoying life there. I want to see what Maida's weight and height is. Emily was 16lbs 12 oz and 27 1/2 inches long at her 4 month. Big, big girl.