Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Being a Stay-Home-Mom
I did not realize how hard it would be to be a stay-home mom. Lately I have been so stressed out about all the house work and other things that I have to take care of. I feel like I can never get caught up with the laundry or dishes. When I finally feel like I am caught up, Maida either poops on her clothes or Erik falls off his bike and is full of mud. It's always something! I only shower about 4 days out of the 7, cause there is no time... and "make-up" or "hair dryer" doesn't even exist in my vocabulary. I now sport the 'inner-beauty up-do look' everyday of my life along with my over-sized grey sweat pants and puked on sweatshirt. What a site I am! Can you actually believe that I've already worn out a pair of slippers?! Who does that in three months? I wear them with every outfit! Trying to come up with something for dinner every night is hard too! Just getting a PB&J sandwich made for Erik's lunches is challenging enough with Maida always, somehow, putting her hand in the peanut butter, never failing to get it in her hair... or worse yet, mine! I really do put in 16-17 hour days, not including the hours I spend up with Maida in the middle of the night when she won't sleep. I feel so sleep deprived and now that we have snow, I'll have to wake up even earlier to shovel. Ugh...
I could go on and on, but I wouldn't want you to think that I was complaining or anything!! I really do, despite what I said above, have the dream life. Erik, my husband, and currently known as my "boss" is the best guy I've ever worked for. He's not only hott, but his payment plan is the best yet, LOTS OF KISSES!! And waking up to a little girl that smiles all the time and says, "Mama," so cute, is totally worth all the hours. I can't imagine doing anything else with my life. Heck, I might as well just have another baby!
(Don't take that last sentence as any kind of hint. It was merely a joke!)
Posted by
Kara Scharrer
at
7:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I know Kara-- isn't it amazing. How do mom's work full-time and do this. Each day I wake up with a to-do list a page long and most of the time don't even get all the way through it. Having two has been even harder. Thank goodness Emily is a great baby. It is a lot of work. Joel is working all the time too so I am always alone with the girls. I wouldn't trade it for anything though. I just wish you were closer. Are you sure that last sentence wasn't a hint?
Isn't staying home the best!
Post a Comment