Yesterday was quite the day for us Scharrers up North. Erik's Mema and Deda arrived safely here from Oklahoma, bearing gifts from the South. We were so surprised and excited about a rocking horse that Deda actually made himself for little Maida. Deda brought the horse inside and it was love at first sight! Maida couldn't stop smiling and flapping her arms up and down! We put her on it and helped her ride it and I think we've got a little cowgirl on our hands, folks! We are so excited that they are here to visit and plan to spend the weekend indoors, as we are scheduled to get between 8 and 10 inches of snow today and tomorrow!!
Last night before dinner, Erik took Deda curling! Mema and I watched from a balcony indoors and tried to get as many pictures as we could. Deda did a great job, but we think that he's probably pretty sore this morning! Mema said she'd give him some Aleve and he'd be fine. We sure hope so! After curling they took us to a fancy restaurant for dinner. We all had way too much food, of course, but Erik, my little eating machine, finished everything off for us. Maida enjoyed tasting a whole new menu and even decided to choke on a waffle fry. It was very scary cause we had her strapped in the highchair up to the table and when she started choking, I went to grab her to turn her upside down and pat her on the back, but I couldn't get the buckle unfastened!! It was so scary. I was just screaming for help and Maida was gagging and gagging and then finally the belt released and by the time I went to pick her up, she was puking everywhere. It was good that she was puking cause that meant that she wasn't choking anymore, but the puke stunk so bad that we had to leave the restaurant before I puked! What a crazy night!




1 comments:
Oh no-- Choking isn't fun. You just panic and don't know what to do. Emily choked on a french fry from Champps. I was freaking out and Joel just sat there and stared at us. I yelled at him to do something. It was very embarrasing and we make a scene.
Post a Comment