Monday, November 12, 2007

So Many Changes

Wow, I can't believe that it's been so long since I've posted. And the crazy thing is, Maida is changing now more than ever! In the last week she has just grown so much and both Erik and I can't believe the changes. Let me bring you up to date... Maida now says, "mama," "dada," and "bac-bac," (for Barkley!) very clearly and intentionally. She blabbers other stuff like, "gaga," and is continuously talking (she's all girl!!!). Maida also gets on her hands and knees and rocks back and forth. She also can get back to a sitting position from her hands and knees. While on her hands and knees she can push herself backwards (now we just have to get her to go forwards!). Maida also scoots around forward on her butt. This was just new today and it took us the longest time to figure out how Maida moved from one end of the carpet to the other while still sitting up!!

Along with all of Maida's changes, have come lots of firsts for her. We have been so busy! Just in the last week, we took Maida to one of Erik's curling matches. She loved watching him from the high windows at the rink and could pick him out from all the other guys out there (I think it was his crazy afro that gave him away!). We also went deer hunting in Park Rapids and Maida stayed for two whole days with Grandma. She did pretty good without me, but wouldn't take a bottle. She has just recently decided that she'd rather starve than drink a bottle! She won't even take it from Erik or I anymore! While she was having fun with Grandma, Erik and I were out with my dad in the deer stand. This was my first year to actually attempt to shoot, and with the help of Erik, we got one! A little spike buck. It was fun shooting and I do have to admit that even though I cried when I killed the deer, I still enjoyed the thrill.

Maida's six month doctor appointment was on Friday and we got a clean bill of health from Dr. Whittworth. Maida weighs 19pounds 15ounces and is 26 1/2 inches long. Her doctor thinks that she's gonna be a pretty tall girl! We talked to the doctor about weight issues since total strangers will come up to me in the grocery store and ask if I'm over-feeding my baby or if I am planning on cutting out some feedings, but Dr. Whittworth said that she's totally healthy. She's only in the 95 percentile, so it could be worse!

Hopefully we will get our camera fixed soon so that I can post some pictures and videos of Maida. I know that they'll all be outdated by the time I post them, but I'm still gonna post them. I know you'll enjoy them anyway!

1 comments:

Hannah said...

Wow- Maida has changed a lot. I can't believe she can move all over. Emily still only sits and rolls. She isn't too interested in moving. She babbles constanly but not anything inteligable yet. She yells a lot. She weighed 20 lbs and 27 1/2 inches long at her 6 mo. so well into the 100th percentile. I would love to get them together. I wish you still lived here. Maybe at Christmas time we can get together up in P.R.