Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"Na-na, na-na"


What have I done?! Without realizing it, I have taught Maida how to say "no"! I first realized this when I was yelling at Barkley! the other day and I said, "no, Barkley, no!" and Maida turned to see Barkley! and yelled, "na-na, na-na!" I was shocked, but thought that maybe it was just a coincidence. Well, over the past couple days, we have come to realize that Maida definitely knows the word "no" and she definitely knows how to use it! If you ask her to do something and she doesn't want to (like get her diaper changed), or if she's doing something that she knows she shouldn't do (like touch the Christmas tree), she yells, "na-na". She also tells her best friend Avery "na-na" or Barkley! "na-na" when he's barking! It is funny and I just can't help but bust out laughing every time she does it, but after I stop and think about it, I don't want my 7-month-old yelling "no" already! I thought that was a terrible-two's thing! The next word she'll probably catch up on is, "mine!". Oh, what a little brat I have!

0 comments: