Monday, December 10, 2007

Thank Heavens for Avent


Tonight was the first night in seven months (since Maida was born, that is) that Erik stayed alone with Maida for over a half hour!! I went to a spa night with some friends and it was AMAZING (Thank you Crimson!!). Erik, despite staying up all night last night and taking a test this morning, did such a great job being a stay-home daddy. It did help that I invested in an Avent bottle... We have been using Dr. Browns since she was born, but all of a sudden Maida decided that she wasn't going to drink out of a Dr. Browns bottle, which made it really hard to leave Madia with a babysitter... So when I was planning on leaving Maida with Erik tonight, I decided that I had better go shopping for a new bottle! I did some research and spent about an hour in the bottle aisle and came up with this Avent bottle. Guess what?! Maida loves it! I am so happy about it because not only can I leave Maida more now, but lately I have been getting some pretty bad looks and comments about breastfeeding Maida in public. She's only seven months old, and our doctor wants me to breastfeed until she's at least a year old, but I know that it's not very cool to see an older baby being breastfed. So, my plan is to be able to pump to feed Maida with a bottle when we're in public, and continue to breastfeed when we're at home. So, THANK YOU ERIK FOR THE NIGHT OUT and THANK YOU AVENT FOR MAKING A BOTTLE MORE LIKE THE BOOB SO THAT MY BREASTFED BABY WILL TAKE IT. (Oh, and by the way, Maida was a little angel for Erik. He says that she's perfect.)

2 comments:

Michael and Katie said...

Maida is adorable! I will have to keep Avent in mind here in a few months, and yes, I will be a stay at home mom and I'm so excited! Also, tell Erik that I'm afraid I'm going to have to keep Jack! :) We've had freezing rain down here the past couple of days, so Jack is feeling right at home. Love you guys!

Hannah said...

Kara I wouldn't be ashamed at all about breastfeeding in public. That is our right. I always keep Emily under a blanket but I think there is nothing at all wrong with it. It is what boobs were made for!