Friday, January 18, 2008

Bad Mommy

I really feel like a bad mom. Maida was sitting on the bed, playing yesterday and fell off. It was totally my fault because I left her for two seconds to grab a pair of pants to put on her and *THUD* she fell off. When I heard it, I turned around and looked quick and all I saw was Maidastanding on her head, with her butt in the air. I was scared to death that she was paralyzed. I didn't know whether to pick her up or not cause I know with adults, if one of us landed on our head, you'd be stupid to move us, just in case of a spinal injury. Well, I figured that since she was squirming and crying really loud, I could rule out the possibility of her being dead or paralyzed. So I picked her up and immediately noticed a bloody nose. POOR BABY! I felt so so bad. After a few minutes of some good crying and a little milk from mom, she was all better. However, when we went to church that night, she did resemble Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer in a slight way.

Here are some cute videos from our vacation. I'll post some more pics soon!



1 comments:

Hannah said...

Don't beat yourself up over it Kara-- It happens to all of us. Abby fell out of the high chair and broke her arm at 15 mo. That was horrible. I am not as worried about that now though because I know it will just happen regardless of how careful we are. How was your trip? I can't believe how well Maida can get around. Emily is just starting to crawl. Abby was quick at everything but Emily just wants to take her time.