It is so beautiful here! The weather outside today is just perfect and I hope to take Maida out to play as soon as I get off the computer. I just wanted to updated again and let you all know that I had to take Maida to Urgent Care yesterday. She developed a rash a few days ago all over her tummy and back and it was getting worse and spreading, so after talking with Erik, we decided that I should take her in. I got it all cleared through our insurance, since we're out of state, and they agreed to pay 100% of it (yay!). So we went and found out that she is allergic to something! The doctor put her on Zyrtec and said to go back to making my own baby food (instead of buying it... when we came I just bought baby food so I wouldn't have to mess with making it...), don't let anyone else feed her anything, and rewash all of her clothes in Dreft. She's only had one dose of her medicine so far and the rash seems a lot better already.
Yesterday we heard that Brandon's wife Karlie was sick and had went to the doctor. Then last night my mother-in-law Carol got sick and this morning I woke up with the same thing. It sounds like we're all passing around a stomach flu. It seems like I just had this when we were in Park Rapids! I hate being sick, but at the same time, since I'm breastfeeding, if I get the bug, then I can pass on the antibodies to Maida that will help her fight it off. Hopefully she won't get this. It's just yucky.
Before closing, I justed wanted to add that Maida's new big accomplishment is that she can now sign "all done". I'm so proud of my little sign language baby!
Here are some pics of the rashy little princess. If you double click on the picture, you'll probably be able to see the rash....


Tuesday, January 15, 2008
A vacation just isn't a vacation without at least one trip to the doctor!
Posted by
Kara Scharrer
at
2:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
ok- #1-- that belly sooo looks like a pregnant belly :-)
#2 what a horrible rash. That poor little girl. Did she itch at all or act miserable. That must have felt really bad for her. I wonder what it is that she is allergic to. Poor pumpkin. I hope she doesn't get the puking flu. It is soo awful when they get it this young. When do you come back? It is soo cold here. I am freezing.
Post a Comment