Well, I know that Christmas is over, but I still wanted to write a little something about our family Christmas. Besides celebrating with my family in Park Rapids, Erik, Maida, Barkley and I celebrated our own Christmas here in Duluth....
We started the celebration by dropping Maida off at the Dickinson's house while Erik and I went skiing. Andrea was so nice to watch Maida on her day off so that we could spend some time together. Erik and I skied for a few hours and it was just perfect. The weather was so warm and we had a ton of fun! When we got back to the Dickinson's, Ryan was home from work and Andrea had made us dinner! So we stayed for dinner and it was soooo good!! It was nice not to have to worry about cooking a meal after being out all day. After dinner Ryan and Andrea read books to Maida and Avery. It was so cute and precious.
We started the celebration by dropping Maida off at the Dickinson's house while Erik and I went skiing. Andrea was so nice to watch Maida on her day off so that we could spend some time together. Erik and I skied for a few hours and it was just perfect. The weather was so warm and we had a ton of fun! When we got back to the Dickinson's, Ryan was home from work and Andrea had made us dinner! So we stayed for dinner and it was soooo good!! It was nice not to have to worry about cooking a meal after being out all day. After dinner Ryan and Andrea read books to Maida and Avery. It was so cute and precious.

After leaving the Dickinson's, we headed to Cloquet, about 20 minutes from our house, to see some Christmas lights. There is a place called Bentleyville there, which is pretty well known for their Christmas lights, so we thought we'd give it a try. Well, after driving all the way out there, we got there and the place was closed! They had to shut down because of some bad ice on the roads. We were bummed, but didn't let it get us down because we decided just to stop at Wendy's and get Frosties instead! When we finally got home, we opened presents. It was so fun to see Maida with her first presents! It was a very special time for us, experiencing Maida's first Christmas. I just kept telling Erik, "Watch and remember. Treasure this in your heart. It's a very special night for Maida, it's her first Christmas." It truly was a special night! God has blessed us so much here in Duluth and I'm so thankful for my husband, my baby, and my dog.







0 comments:
Post a Comment