Wednesday, January 23, 2008

We're home!!!!!!

We're finally home. It was a loooong two weeks! We had a great time, though! It was a good time to catch up with friends and family in the Oklahoma/Texas area. Now it's back to the real world! Erik and our housemates are back in school and studying like crazy. I start watching Avery again on Friday, so until then I'm just trying to unpack and organize!

Yesterday we took Maida into the doctor and found out that she has an ear infection. We decided to go ahead and treat it with an antibiotic and today she is feeling a lot better. I've also been alternating Motrin and Tylenol every four hours to kick the fever, which is slowly making its way back down. We also started on some prescription eye drops for Maida's clogged tear duct. I'm really praying that they work because I don't want to do the surgery.

Today Maida is back to her normal self, exploring is her favorite thing to do. I put our gate up in the doorway so that she won't fall down the stairs as she is crawling everywhere. She usually stays pretty close to me, though, so I never have to worry about her being in another room. If I go into the other room she follows me. She was so excited to see all her toys again after being away for so long. It was cute to see how big her eyes got when we walked into the living room and she spotted all of her toys! It was like Christmas all over again!

Even tough Maida is feeling better, her rash flared up again today. I called our doctor and through conversation, we have decided to leave Maida's skin alone and see what happens. I am not supposed to bathe her unless absolutely necessary and hold off on the lotions. She thinks that Maida has really sensitive skin and because it's winter, her skin got really dry and now it's just out of control. We're going to see what her skin does on its own. We're also supposed to be careful with other things such as fragrances and soaps. Whatever is on other people can also affect Maida's skin, like perfume, cigarette smoke, or pet dander. I guess we'll have to be careful who we hand her to! At least until this rash clears up.

Tonight is ballroom dancing lessons for Erik and I and Maida will be staying with our housemate, Kyle. Hopefully she'll be a good girl for him.

0 comments: