Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Videos from Maida's First Swim Lesson

Yay! I finally got the movies from Maida's first night of swimming to upload! She has improved so much since then, but I think they are cute, so I'm still gonna post them. Tonight at swimming she got to swim with a kick board and practice kicking her piggies. She also practiced going under water, which is a little harder for her to get the hang of.

Before I post the videos, I also wanted to mention some new things Maida is doing. If you say, "Maida, look at the sky!" she looks up! If you say, "What do you say to a little snake?" she says, "sssssss." And if you say, "Maida, what does Barkley! say, she says, "bawbawbawbawbaw." She's amazing! We had a doctor appointment today and she is 27 1/2 inches long (50th percentile) and is 21 pounds 1 ounce (80th percentile). They checked her hemoglobin by pricking her finger and she didn't even cry. She actually loved it. She let them prick her, then pulled her finger close so that she could see the blood. She wanted to see everything they were doing with the blood! It was funny! While at the doctor, I got a lesson on baby food. I usually make my own baby food, but when I'm in a pinch, I'll fed her out of the jar. The doctor told me never to feed her the baby food that ends in "dinner," like "beef dinner," because it's usually mostly water. If you look at the ingredients and the first thing is water, you shouldn't waist your money on it. She also said to try not to feed Maida the baby food ending in "desert," because it has a lot of sugar in it. Interesting!

Here's the videos of Maida's first swim...


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cara,

I saw that you were going to get some bad weather the next day or two. Be careful and we'll keep you in our prayers.
Sarah Martin
sarah.p.martin@sbcglobal.net