Friday, March 28, 2008

Hopitalized

Thank you so much for all of the prayers, phone calls, and emails. If you didn't know, I was in the hospital for the past two days. Erik had to take me to the ER on Wednesday afternoon, I couldn't even pick myself off the floor. They immediately admitted me to the hospital. I was very dehydrated and lethargic. They started me on IV's right away. They official determined that I have mastitis, but they wanted to test me for other possible infections along with it (like strep in my breast milk and viral menengitis). All of the labs and cultures have not come back yet, but because I was feeling so much better today, they let me out of there. Luckily my mom came to watch Maida and cook/clean for Erik. I will write more about it later with the updates of all the tests, but for now I think I should go lay down and rest. Thanks again for the prayers!

Oh, I almost forgot... thank you so much for the comments on my last post about the matitis. I love all the advice!!!

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

Hey! I was actually thinking a lot about you today! I had NO idea you were in the hospital! I am SOO sorry! I hope you are feeling better and recuperating well! I'll pray that you get good results back from your tests! Love you!!

Hannah said...

Oh my goodness Kara- I had no clue you were in the hospital and going through that. I am so sorry. It is so hard when you have a little one at home to think of. When I had to have my appendix out and be in the hospital for 3 days I missed Abby like crazy. I hated being away from her and not able to go home. I will pray you are doing much better and all those other tests come back negative.

Hannah said...

I was reading your comment on Heidi's site and I defintely recommend Penney's. We have done both and Penney's always turn out so much better and they are cheaper. That is just my peice of advice.