Monday, April 28, 2008

Catching up!

This is one of those blog posts that you hate reading because there are so many pictures crammed into one post. I'm sorry that I have to do it! Since I haven't had a computer, I've taken a lot of pictures (not to mention videos) of The Girl, and wanted to post some of the cute ones of all the things I want to remember about this stage (I put a little explanation next to each picture)!

Maida imitates EVERYTHING I do. It's sooooo cute! It's like a 24/7 game of copycat. An example of this is when Maida watches me wipe Avery's face off, or her own face off, and then she'll do it to her dolls, stuff animals, and anything else that has a mouth. It's soooo cute!



Maida refuses to eat anything that she can't feed herself. This is so hard because (a) she's a PICKY eater and (b) it's hard to come up with stuff that she can actually feed herself without choking. Anyway, since she is now all on her own at the dinner table, things have been getting a little messier! Here are some pictures I took of Maida with food on her face!



Avery and Maida are best friends. They play all day together and they're always up to something. Last week, on this particular day, they decided to take every book off of the book shelf and then sit on the mountain of books and laugh. Notice how every book is off the shelf in this picture (and guess who had to pick them all up!!)!



Maida loves to wait for Daddy to come home. She looks out the kitchen window and says, "Ta-ta, ta-ta!" She also loves to wear her sun hat! She knows how to put it on and will wear it all day long!


Since I stopped nursing Maida to sleep, she has started falling asleep on the living room floor!!! She'll be playing and then the next thing I know, she's asleep and I'll have to take her and put her in her bed! Here are some pictures Erik took when he was babysitting last weekend.




Maida loves to draw and color. Usually she's good about staying on the paper, but sometimes she gets a little crazy...



This is a picture of Maida's rolls. I think that she's slimming down a little, but still pretty rolly-polly!



Maida is obsessed with shoes. She wants shoes on ALL THE TIME. Even if she has shoes on, she'll find another shoe and come to me and ask me to put it on. At any given time in my house, you'll probably find Maida wearing two different shoes. She doesn't even mind wearing tennis shoes without socks (at least we know now that she doesn't have my picky feet)!!!



I don't have a picture for this last little story, but I wanted to mention that Maida knows what "cute" means. When Maida came out of her room from getting her clothes changed last weekend, my mom said, "Ohh Maida, you look so cute today!" and Maida smiled, looked down at her clothes, and started patting them, like, "Yeah, I know."

1 comments:

Hannah said...

I love the posts with all the pictures. I like them more than the ones with no pictures. She is so cute Kara--