Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Mommy's Two Babies

Maida is growing up waaaay too fast! Just since I posted last, Maida has started drinking out of a sippy cup! The doctor told me that she would probably be ready for this at six months, but she started getting upset at dinner when we all had something to eat and drink and she didn't. So, we decided to just give the sippy cup a try and she just automatically knew how to do it on the first try. Another thing she started doing is if you give her a pair of pants or a onesie, she'll try to pull it over her head! She totally knows that it's clothes and she tries to put it on. And if you put a bib on her, she doesn't like it and tries to pull it off! Haha! She's so funny. She sure thinks to too! She's getting such a little personality. She'll do something or make a noise and then laugh out loud at herself. It's so funny, I can hardly stand it sometimes! She just loves herself. She also created a nickname for Erik! She's been calling me "mmmm" for probably the last month, but just yesterday I realized that she now has a name for her daddy too. She makes the "ffff" sound, but spits everywhere when saying it. Haha! It's so cute. Okay, I guess that I'm done bragging about Maida now and I just have to brag about my other baby... Erik was elected as the first year class president today!!! I am so proud of him. He's so outgoing. I just love it! He's doing such a great job with balancing his school stuff (homework, intramural sports, clubs, cadaver lab, ect.) and family life. He makes it a point to eat dinner with us every night. He's such a great guy! I LOVE YOU ERIK!!!

Here's a fun video for you to watch since I can't post any pictures of Maida because they were all on the computer that crashed. I love this... oh the joys of parenting I have to look forward to....

3 comments:

Micah and Tara Hobbs said...

Hey Kara!! Maida is adorable!! You can add me to your list. It is fun being able to keep up with old friends and reading what their ids are up to!

Hannah said...

Hi Kara-
I loved the video. Do you mind if I post that on my site? It was soo cute.

Hannah said...

Ok - I am sorry-- I already put it on my page before even hearing back from you. I hope you don't mind. I figured you wouldn't. Thanks Kara