Wednesday, October 3, 2007

All just to stay home with Maida

Ten things I didn’t know about watching three other kids in my home…

1. Barkley!’s name would be changed to “Broccoli” because that’s how it sounds when a three year old tries to say it!

2. There would never be enough time to sterilize each toy after it has been sucked on.

3. Maida would catch a cold from the other kids before one week had passed.

4. All the efforts I put into decorating my new house would go down the drain because I’d have to put away everything cute or breakable so it wouldn’t get ruined. I’d also have to rearrange my rooms to make it easier to drive trucks around and push doll strollers through.

5. I would have to clean and sterilize the toilet seat before each time I would use it because three year old boys don’t have good aim yet.

6. My beautiful black and rattan dinning room chair would go from very cute and whimsical to the naughty time-out chair in the corner.

7. Instead of carpet, I would have pancake syrup, peanut butter, and play dough as my new dinning room rug.

8. Every time one baby started crying, the other two would join in. I’d have a crying trio and after they’d start, it would take a miracle to get them to stop.

9. I could carry three babies and a three year old all at one time, down and back up the stairs, at the same time tripping over a dog both ways.

10. I could also breast feed one, bottle feed another, wipe a snotty nose, and tie a shoe all at the same time.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I love it--- That is exactly how I feel. Today I had 5 of them. I had Abby and Emily of course then Ada 15 mo. , Pearl 8 mo., Caroline 7mo. Talk about chatoic. The two babies are super fussy too. It is hard watching other peoples kids. I would rather go to work anyday except that I want to be with my own. Hang in there---

Aubrey said...

Wow girl! You're staying SOOO busy!! You're quite talented, too:)

By the way, I didn't email you last night, but Maida truly is a little angel! She looks precious and growing up!!!

Love you!