Thursday, October 4, 2007

Maida's a Big Girl Now

If you're thinking that our blog got a face lift, you're right! But it wasn't on purpose. I was messing around and deleted most of the stuff on it and all of my settings. At least my old posts were still there. I have spent the evening adding back the other things. When I get my own computer (whenever that will be) it will be so much easier to manage stuff like that.

Well, today was a very special day for Maida and I. My daycare kids ended up going to the doctor for their colds and found out that they have ear infections, so they stayed home. Maida and I took advantage of the day alone by going to the grocery store and Maida sat all by herself in the cart in the big girl seat! She held onto the handle and loved it. Usually I just throw her car seat in the cart, so this was a whole different experience for her! She looked and smiled at everyone that went by. And of course they all had to talk to her because she's just so stinking cute! While at the grocery store we bought some new big girl cereal for Maida!

When we got home Mommy mixed some of the rice cereal with some breast milk and Maida ate with a spoon for the first time! She loved it and kept asking for more. It didn't take her long to figure out how to swallow it. She even tried feeding herself. The little stinker is just too smart. Tomorrow we will try the cereal twice, once in the morning and once at night. I'm ashamed to admit that I actually tried my own breast milk!!! I was very curious how the cereal tasted, so I tasted it! It wasn't too bad (is that gross?!).

Here's a picture of Maida before we started...



Here's a picture of Maida's first bite. She was already reaching for it. It's like she already knew what it was and what she was supposed to do...



Here's a video of the whole eating process and her wanting to feed herself...



Here's a picture of when we were all done. She didn't get too messy, but she was very conserned that it was all gone...



0 comments: