I haven't updated for a few days because I have been sick. I'm just drained and we've finally figured out that I probably have Mastitis, which is a breast infection. I had this when Maida was first born, but it wasn't nearly as bad because I was still on pain medication for my c-section. This time around, I feel like I'm gonna die. I'm fine during the day, but around 7pm every night I start getting achy all over and then chilled. My temp goes up to 101/102 and I just start shaking. I've had to sleep naked under a fan for the last two nights because my body is just sweating like crazy! It's been so hard to get up with Maida at night when I'm so sick, but it almost takes more effort to get Erik out of bed to help. She's been waking up more than normal because her rash is so itchy and I think it really bothers her. She's always trying to itch it. Here are some of the latest pictures. It's getting a little better since these were taken...
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Running on Low
Well, please pray for me! I don't have health insurance, so I can't go to the doctor, but I know that's the only way to treat Mastitis. I just keep praying that God will just dry my milk up, so that I don't have to deal with this anymore. I know that it's hard on Maida too cause anytime she eats from the breast that is clogged, she throws up. I'm not really sure why. I think because the milk is really thick and has probably been sitting in there for a while. Anyway, prayers please for me and for Maida's rash, and for Erik who is trying to take care of both of us! He is doing such a good job.
Tomorrow night we have our first downhill ski race. I'm so nervous about it. I'd much rather just ski for fun, but as long as I make it down without falling or making a total fool of myself, I'll be fine.
Posted by
Kara Scharrer
at
3:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh my gosh Kara-- You poor thing. I am so sorry. I wish there was something I could do. Antibiotics or a homeopathic remedy are the only thing I know to help. I know it is nothing to play aroudn with though. I don't know how you live without health insurance. I would be a wreck. Poor Maida. That rash looks awful. I feel so bad.
How miserable for both of you!!! I'm sorry you guys are both so sick! That does not sound fun AT ALL! Maida's rash looks SO much worse, bless her heart!! Wish I could help you guys out:( Love you!
Post a Comment