This morning I was sitting here watching the Today Show and was really touched by one of their stories. They did a segment on the "Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep" organization. It is an organization that helps families document the pregnancy, birth, and short life of babies that are stillborn or predicted to die upon birth. Their philosophy is that they provide healing with their photographs by documenting this special time.
I didn't realize that nearly 3.3 million babies are stillborn and more than 4 million die within 28 days after birth. Those numbers are a lot higher than I thought they'd be. All of us who have had healthy babies should be really thankful.
Here's their website if you want to go check them out.
http://www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org/
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep
Posted by
Kara Scharrer
at
10:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment