Yesterday Maida had her appointment with the dermatologist. After hearing the story, seeing the pictures, and listening to all my concerns, the doctor decided that Maida had some kind of weird reaction to something in Oklahoma that is different than what her body is used to here in Minnesota. Whether it was something outside, or even the soap people were using who she was around... it could be many things... regardless, that reaction pushed her body into overload and it just can't seem to get rid of this dermatitis. He prescribed us some steroid cream to use on it and gave us a million samples of different lotions. He told us just to keep doing what we're doing (with the cloth diapers and natural laundry detergent, etc.) and hopefully this will just go away! He also told us to throw out all of the baby soaps and just use Dove Sensitive Skin Fragrance Free bar soap, which I thought was interesting! So, we got the new soap, the steroids and we're ready for some clean skin!!! Since we really don't have anybody else in our family with sensitive skin (besides my nephew) and because she never had any problems with her skin up until January when we went to Oklahoma, the dermatologist thought that once we get this cleared up, she'll be good to go on like normal. Yay! All I can do is hope and pray that he's right.
[Well, I had some cute pictures to post to the blog today, but Maida just grabbed the camera as I was transferring them and pushed the "delete all images" button. I'm just sick. I just lost about a weeks worth of cute pictures... oh well, it could be worse.]
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Dermatologist
Posted by
Kara Scharrer
at
12:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh no-- all those pictures. I would be sick too. I am glad they think they have the rash figured out. Now if it would just go away.
Post a Comment