
On Sunday we took the day to go down to "the cities" (for those of you outta-staters, that means the Minneapolis/St.Paul area). We left early in the morning and drove down in time for church in Richfield. We got to see all of our old friends, but most importantly, we got to see Erik's Grandma, Viola. She's 85 years old and not in very good health, so it's always good to spend time with her. Maida is her first great-grandchild, so she is very special to her.
When Maida was first born, Viola gave us a dress that she had made about 20 years ago. On the dress was this note:
"Taken from an old kitting and crocheting book from 1930's or 40's. Was kind of hard to figure out. Give to first Great Granddaughter from this Great Grandma. Made in my 70's."
Well, Sunday was Maida's first time wearing the dress and GREAT Grandma Viola was there to see her in it. It was a very special day. Here are some more pictures of Maida in the dress!!!

Monday, April 21, 2008
Great Grandma Viola's Dress
Posted by
Kara Scharrer
at
10:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
How special! It is a cute dress too!
I almost started crying reading this story. What a cute and wonderful grandma, I mean great-grandma. I'm jealous!
Lovely story & pretty pretty dress. I need to make a point to come see you & Maida.
Post a Comment